Ethan Zubic serves as Assistant Chair of the Admiralty & Maritime Section of the Firm and focuses his practice on admiralty and maritime law, insurance coverage and defense, real estate, commercial transactions and commercial litigation. He has handled cases involving ocean marine insurance coverage disputes, cargo subrogation claims, marine pollution insurance defense, commercial transactions and general litigation in Louisiana state and federal courts.
In 2017, Super Lawyers named Ethan to the Louisiana Rising Star list. Super Lawyers is a rating service of lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a rigorous multi-phased process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. No more than 2.5% of the lawyers in Louisiana are named to the Rising Star list.
He received his J.D. from the Loyola University College of Law, where he served as the Substance & Citation Managing Editor of the Loyola Law Review
. He also served as President of the Maritime Law Society and co-authored "A Navigational Chart Through Wrongful Death in Admiralty," a graphical illustration of the proper beneficiaries and their rights, remedies and damages for a wrongful death claim of Jones Act seamen and Longshore & Harbor workers. He is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in Louisiana.
Published Works & Presentations:
- "Don't Get Caught in a Covfefe: Social Media Traps," Gordon Arata Montgomery Barnett Duck Lunch Speaker (October 2017)
- "A Primer on Consent-To-Assignment Clauses Under Louisiana Law" Gordon Arata Montgomery Barnett "Drill Deeper" Blog (August 7, 2017)
- "Pure Versus Contract Salvage – Narrowing the Scope of an ‘Agreement to Volunteer’ Bar to Pure Salvage”, 10 Loy. Mar. L.J. 145, 2011
- “A Navigational Chart Through Wrongful Death in Admiralty,” 11 Loy. Mar. L.J. 327, 2013
- New Orleans Bar Association - Executive Council Member of and Bar Ambassador for the Young Lawyers Section
- New Orleans Bar Association Inn of Court - Member
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute - Port Director, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Propeller Club of New Orleans
- Maritime Law Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Professional Landmen's Association of New Orleans (PLANO)
- Charles A. Sewell Award
- Louisiana Super Lawyers - Named Rising Star in Transportation/Maritime (Since 2017)
- Arthur Crais Family Award
- "One To Watch" - New Orleans CityBusiness (April 2017)