Stephen Williamson centers his practice on business litigation with a focus on representing creditors in bankruptcy, as well as admiralty, oil and gas, and environmental matters. He also has extensive experience in attorney malpractice and director’s and officer’s liability litigation.
Stephen has taught at both Tulane and Loyola. From 2013-2014, he taught Intersession Pre-Trial Procedure Boot Camp and from 1995-1999, he taught Trial Advocacy at Tulane Law School. He served as an adjunct professor at Loyola University Law School from 1995 to 2005 where he taught Bankruptcy law.
He received his J.D. from the Louisiana State University Law Center in 1980 where he served as the Co-Chairman of the LSU Bar Review. He earned his B.A. in Journalism from Louisiana State University in 1977. Stephen is admitted to practice law before all state, bankruptcy and federal courts in Louisiana. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, United States Tax Court and United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. In addition, he is admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.
Published Works & Presentations:
- Gordon Arata Montgomery Barnett Duck Lunch Speaker - Commercial Bankruptcy Issues - October 2017
- Faculty of Tulane Law School Intersession Pre-Trial Procedure Boot Camp 2013 - 2014
- Adjunct Associate Professor - Tulane Law School (Trial Advocacy Program) 1995-1999
- Skills Curriculum Faculty (Bankruptcy) - Loyola School of Law (1996- 2006)
- CLE - Collection of Delinquent Debts in Louisiana -National Business Institute - January 2000
- CLE - The Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1994 - Tulane Law School - December 1996
- CLE - National Institute of Trial Advocacy - Developing Deposition Skills - May 1996
- CLE - Recent Developments - Loyola School of Law - December 1995
- CLE - Southeast Admiralty Law Institute - Commercial Aspects of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 - Spring1993
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- New Orleans Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Foundation
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Master of the Bench, Tulane Inn of Court
- Assistant Bar Examiner, Louisiana State Bar Association (1996-2005)
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Louisiana Super Lawyers – Bankruptcy, Business Litigation, Environmental Litigation (Since 2010, 2013-Present)
- New Orleans Magazine “Top Lawyers” - (2015)