Daniel Lund serves as Chair of the Commercial Litigation Section of the Firm. He concentrates his practice in trial and appellate work. For the past twenty-five years, a substantial part of Dan’s practice has been defending Louisiana-based and out of state law firms and lawyers in legal malpractice actions including allegations of conflicts of interest, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud. Dan also has represented parties in civil litigation and appeals in a broad range of business litigation matters, products liability, personal injury, and insurance. He is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in Louisiana, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Representative Matters (not including legal malpractice actions):
- Bourbon Investments, LLC v. New Orleans Equity, LLC, et al, 2016 WL 7385585 (La. App. 4 Cir., 12/21/16). Represented sellers in obtaining dismissal of litigation arising out of sale of historic restaurant and real estate.
- Istre v. Montco Offshore, Inc., et al, 2016 WL 1110227 (USDC, E.D. La., 3/22/16). Represented Indonesian electrical products manufacturer in obtaining dismissal of damages claims based upon absence of personal jurisdiction.
- Business First Bancshares, Inc. v. Marshall T. Reynolds, et al, No. 641-847, 19th Judicial District Court, Louisiana. Represented dissenting shareholders of bank holding company in case of first impression under new appraisal rights provisions of the Louisiana Business Corporation Act effective January 1, 2015.
- Adams v. CSX Railroads, Louisiana Court of Appeal, Fourth Circuit, related opinions in 904 So. 2d 13 (5/4/05), 902 So. 2d 413 (4/20/05), 903 So. 2d 9 (4/20/05), 795 So. 2d 364 (6/27/01). Represented tank manufacturer in defense of mass tort class action.
- Lee v. Metropolitan Crime Commission of New Orleans, Inc., 826 So. 2d 565 (2/7/02). Represented crime stoppers organization in protecting statutory privilege against disclosure of investigative files.
Published Works & Presentations:
- "Don't Get Caught in a Covfefe: Social Media Traps," Speaker (Gordon Arata Montgomery Barnett Duck Lunch, October 2017)
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Chambers USA – Litigation: General Commercial (Senior Statesmen)
- Best Lawyers in America – Commercial Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law, Personal Injury Litigation –Defense; Bet-The–Company Litigation – Since 1995
- Best Lawyer of the Year – 2016 Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants – New Orleans
- Best Lawyer of the Year – 2011-2016 Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants – New Orleans
- Louisiana Super Lawyers - Professional Liability: Defender
- New Orleans Best Lawyers – 2011-2015 Lawyer of the Year – Legal Malpractice
- New Orleans Magazine’s Top Lawyer for Legal Malpractice Law – 2014
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, 2012 Curtis R. Boisfontaine Trial Advocacy Award