Ron’s practice primarily focuses on areas of Admiralty & Maritime Law. He also practices in other areas of law including insurance defense and coverage, subrogation and commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Ron was a staff attorney for the Board of Commissioners of the Port of New Orleans. He also served in the United States Navy and was stationed aboard the United States Submarine Von Steuben during multiple deterrent patrols.
He earned his J.D. from Loyola University New Orleans School of Law in 2003 where he received the Joseph M. Rault Award for Excellence in Admiralty and Maritime Law and a Law Excellence Award in Maritime Personal Injury. Prior to that, he received his B.S. in Finance and Economics from the University of New Orleans.
Ron is admitted to practice law before all state and federal courts in Louisiana. He is also admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Tenth Circuits, the United States District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas and the United States District Court Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas.
Published Works & Presentations:
- “Risk Assessment in Maritime Activity and the Law of Bailment”, August 2013 of The Primerus Paradigm
- “Risk Assessment in Maritime Liability”, Summer 2012 Issue of the New Orleans Bar Association’s “Briefly Speaking!”
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- The Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Recipient, 2001 Joseph M. Rault Award for Excellence in Maritime and Admiralty Law
- Law Excellence Award in Maritime Personal Injury, 2001-2002