Doug Rhorer practices in the areas of oil and gas law, construction law and general commercial litigation. In his energy practice, Doug represents exploration and production companies and natural gas pipelines in “legacy” litigation and other environmental matters. In his construction practice, Doug advises owners, contractors, architects and project managers on a wide range of legal issues, including lien laws, change order disputes, bid protests, acceleration claims and delay claims. He regularly drafts and reviews construction contracts and solicitation documents for both private and public works projects.
Doug joined the firm in 2011 after earning his J.D. from Loyola University College of Law, where he was a member of the Loyola Maritime Law Journal and the St. Thomas More Inn of Court. Prior to law school, Doug earned his B.A. in History from Louisiana State University.
- Gootee Construction, Inc. v. Atkins, 2015-0376 (La. App. 4 Cir. 12/21/16), 207 So.3d 485, writ denied, 2017-0138 (La. 3/31/17).
- Concrete Busters of Louisiana, Inc. v. State, Dep't of Educ., 2015-1016, 2016 WL 687163 (La. App. 1 Cir. 2/17/16).
- In re Virgin Offshore USA, Inc., 13-79, 2013 WL 4854312 (E.D. La. 9/10/13).
Published Works & Presentations:
- "BLM Moves to Rescind Federal Fracking Regulations," Gordon Arata Montgomery Barnett "Drill Deeper" Blog, July 2017
- Speaker, Update on Levee Board, CZM and Wetlands Land Loss Cases... What would Ryan Lochte do? (Gordon Arata Lunch n' Learn, December 2016)
- "Boustany Introduces 'Ending Legacy Lawsuit Abuse Act'," Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, October 2016
- Speaker, Update on Levee Board, CZM and Wetlands Land Loss Cases... What would Ryan Lochte do? (Gordon Arata Annual Duck Lunch & Seminar, October 2016)
- Co-Author "Governor Edwards and Attorney General Landry Still at Loggerheads over Potential Oil and Gas Lawsuits," Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, September 2016
- Co-Presenter of Legislative Update: How Boudin is Made in Baton Rouge (Gordon Arata Duck Lunch & Seminar, October 2015)
- "Legal Battle Over New Federal Fracking Regulations," Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, April 2015
- Panelist, Legacy, Levee Board and Coastal Zone Management or Why You Should Never Enter a Ground War in Asia (Gordon Arata Annual Duck Lunch & Seminar, October 2014)
- Presenter of Groundbreaking Legislation (Gordon Arata's Construction Law Presentation Luncheon: Building a Solid Foundation, August 2014)
- "Louisiana at the Forefront of LNG Exportation," Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, June 2014
- "Oil Field Confidential: Protecting Seismic Data and Other Trade Secrets," Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, February 2014
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association - Board of Directors for Young Lawyers Division (2016-2017)
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Construction Financial Management Association
- New Orleans CityBusiness Leadership in Law Award (2017)
- Pro Bono Century Award by the Louisiana State Bar Association (2016)
- Pro Bono Project's Century Award - Recipient (2016)
- Pro Bono Project's 100+ Hour Award - Recipient (2015)
- Louisiana Super Lawyers, Named Rising Star in Energy & Natural Resources (2017 - Present)