Amy Gautreaux is a member in our Lafayette office. Her practice centers on oil and gas property title examination. Her experience encompasses analyzing all levels of oil and gas and real estate title and rendering opinions including surface, mineral, royalty, drilling, division order and leasehold title opinions as well as drafting and interpreting contractual provisions in oil and gas leases, operating agreements, rights of way, surface use agreements and other surface and subsurface agreements. Amy is also a licensed title insurance agent for Current Title Agency, L.L.C. (the Firm's real estate title agency). Aiding her ability to provide an insightful and logical approach to title examination, Amy worked as an abstractor and landman in South Louisiana during and after law school.
Prior to joining the firm, Amy practiced in the areas of insurance defense, law enforcement liability defense, real estate, family and general business law. She has successfully represented clients in various matters in workers compensation court and in several district courts throughout Louisiana.
After graduating with honors from Catholic High School in New Iberia, Amy attended the University of Louisiana, Lafayette where she graduated Magna Cum Laude, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science Pre-Law, with a minor in Business. Amy was also named Outstanding Graduate in Political Science in 2002. In 2005, Amy received her Juris Doctor and a Bachelor of Civil Law from Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center.
Currently, Amy serves as Public and Industry Relations Director for the South Louisiana Chapter of Women’s Energy Network (WEN), a national organization that educates, attracts, retains, and develops professional women working in the energy industry. WEN’s mission is to develop programs to provide these women with networking opportunities and foster career and leadership development. She is also a member of the firm’s Marketing Committee. Amy has served on the Board of Directors of the Lafayette, Louisiana chapter of Love, INC, a national non-profit organization whose mission is to mobilize local churches to transform lives and communities In the Name of Christ. She and her husband Thad are proud parishioners of Lafayette’s Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist. Amy is active in the Lafayette community and regularly engages in a variety of civic and philanthropic activities.
Published Works & Presentations:
- "Recent Developments on Interrupting Prescription of Non-Use of a Mineral Servitude", Gordon Arata Montgomery Barnett "Drill Deeper" Blog, April 21
- "Louisiana's Law of Reversionary Mineral Interests Revisited", Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, December 2016
- "Unitization in Louisiana - The Commissioner Decides Who Drinks the Milkshake", Gordon Arata Annual Duck Lunch & Seminar, October 2016
- "Lease Division in Louisiana - The Times Are A-Changin'", Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, August 2016
- "Louisiana Water Bottoms and the 'Freeze Statute'", Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, June 2016
- "An Overview of Louisiana's Law on Non-Compete", Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, March 2016
- "Louisiana Legal Update: Louisiana Water Bottoms and the 'Freeze Statute'," Co-Author, LAPL Newsletter, November 2015
- "A Snapshot of Louisiana's Risk-Fee Statute," Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, October 2015
- "The Art of Due Diligence," Co-Presenter and Co-Author, LAPL Spring Educational Seminar, 2015
- "The Cost of FRACKLOGGING," Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, June 2015
- "Say What You Mean, and Mean What You Say - A Review of Recent Decisions Interpreting Mineral Reservations Under Louisiana Mineral Code Article 74," Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, March 2015
- "Potato, Potahto, Tomato, Tomahto, Let's Call the Whole Thing Off!! Act 544 and The SLFPA-East," Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, November 2014
- "A Closer Look at Clovelly - A Common Sense Approach," Gordon Arata "Drill Deeper" Blog, May 2014
- American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)
- Lafayette Association of Professional Landmen (LAPL)
- Baton Rouge Association of Professional Landmen (BRAPL)
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen (HAPL)
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association
- Women's Energy Network - Baton Rouge and Lafayette Public & Industry Relations Director, 2016 and 2017
- University of Louisiana, Lafayette Alumni Association
- LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center Alumni Association
- Louisiana Super Lawyers, Named Rising Star (2017)